Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I was lent some money by my sister on a loose agreement to

I was lent some money by my sister on a loose agreement to pay back what I could, when things were a bit easier financially.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In Exeter in Devon
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have paid back £250 per month less agreed help with gas and electricty and general house costs.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The son of my sister is demanding full repayment now, I have not signed a contract and my sister also said wnen difficult financial situations occur not to make payments. Very interested to know if her son has legal grounds for this demand.
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm is he asking on behalf of your sister?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
that is correct
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Just waiting now is that correct
Hi thank you for your message, he has no legal basis for the request. If the loan was based on pay back what you can when you can then a demand cannot be made for full payment when you cannot pay it. In any event it is your sister that lent the money to you not her son so he is no right to ask for it. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience: Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for response,this has put my mind at rest
Glad I could help take care