How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 17256
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have been served with an SJP notice from LNER. im being

This answer was rated:

Good afternoon,
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: my names Josh, i have been served with an SJP notice from LNER. im being charged with the following offence - boarded the train at a station where ticket purchasing facilities were available, without a valid ticket or other authority for the journey
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: the journey was from lon***** *****s cross peterbourgh
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: The situation was, I was having one of them days where everything was going wrong, i wasn't concentrating at the station as i had personal things on my mind and got the platforms and train wrong - my fault I know.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I didnt even want to go to Peterborough, and i had a valid monthly ticket for any london terminal to hitchin that i pay £516.50 for every month. i've never had a rail ticket offence.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Jamie-Law and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Jamie, I would like to know my best option in this situation, I’m 20 years old and don’t have anyone to help me. I read on the SJP that if I plead guilty or the court finds me guilty, I squire a criminal conviction
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I didn’t mean to click request the call, any chance I can cancel that

A colleague has accepted it. You will be refunded when we are done.

Do you accept you got on without a ticket?
Didnt you get a fixed penalty instead?