Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Can company's phone you with a with held number or privet

hi can company's phone you with a with held number or privet number ??????
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: wales uk should come under english law to
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i ask them why are they calling with a with held number and they say they can do so
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing is coming to mind yet

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Why are they calling you?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
trying to sell me i.e safe style UK , blue moter finance to ask when they are going to get the late payment as i am a self employed window cleaner and they know that on the finance agreement

Do you know the name of the company?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it is in the top reply i sent you

Ok well there are laws which prevent that. Have a look here for some more in-depth explanation of the legal position and what can happen to them:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2016/04/nuisance-callers-banned-from-hiding-behind-withheld-numbers/

Next time they phone you should remind them of this and request that they no longer call you, or you would be reporting them and they could get fined with such an amount that it could potentially bankrupt them.

Does this answer your query?