Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I am interested in spending a year or two in the U.K.. I am

Hello. I am interested in spending a year or two in the U.K.. I am a 48 year old qualified teacher living in Namibia, Africa and would like to find out how to go about applying for a work permit.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I haven't taken any steps other than visiting family in the U.K. during December. I am a Namibian citizen and currently living and working in Namibia.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: My husband is a lawyer, practicing in Windhoek, Namibia, but has very little knowledge of the law and procedures around immigration issues in the U.K.. Therefore I have not contacted any local solicitors yet. Would you recommend speaking to a local expert first?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Perhaps the fact that I am almost 49 years old? Is it too late?
Hi thank you for your message, it is not too late. That said, in terms of work you would be looking at a tier 2 work visa which would require you to have got a job in the uk with a sponsor before you come to the uk. Given that your best bet is likely to be to speak to recruiters near you who specialise in international recruitment.
I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.