Jak Bowtell
Jak Bowtell, Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons) (ling.) ( franc.) (UEA) ARAeS
106352453

I need help with a question about EU law. Would you be able

Customer Question

hello, i need help with a question about EU law. Would you be able to help please?
Expert:  Ms-Louise replied 12 days ago.
Good evening
What is the question please?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
so it goes like this
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Yala is the owner of a company based in State X. The company is called Cosy Kitchen and manufactures a wide variety of dough-based produce which are sold to cafés. One of the best-selling lines of products is the half-baked, frozen pastries and breads which the purchaser finishes baking in their own oven. Yala is looking to increase her sales in these products across Europe, but encounters an issue which makes potential purchasers reluctant to buy from her. In State Y, legislation requires that any cafés selling fresh pastries and breads must clearly indicate on their menus which products were bought oven-ready and finished off on-site. This is so that customers are made fully aware of the process by which the food they will eat has been made. There is no such requirement for items that have been made, from beginning to end, in a bakery or in the café itself.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am wondering wether the legislation is a selling arrangement as per Keck? I thought if it is it will still be caught by Article 34 as it does not affect both domestic and foreign goods in the same way as foreign goods wont be able to be made fully on site so it hinders market access?? but im not sure if im right or not
Expert:  Jak Bowtell replied 10 days ago.
Hello there, this sounds like an academic legal question. I am an academic lawyer and neither I nor this site should provide you with answers to be used in academic work. However if you would like a phone call with follow up notes on the issue, I can offer a phone call / Skype session at my usual rate. I would advise you to read the relevant chapters in the EU Law bible aka Craig and de Burma.
I will offer you a call at my normal rate, bearing in mind I have worked as a principal officer in a legal department and have both an LLB in Law with French Law and Language (obvious emphasis on EU Law) as well as an MRes (higher level than LLM) in Law and Legal Studies and am about to begin my PhD in Law. I’m an experienced tutor.
De Burca *
I will be available at about 2pm tomorrow to take the call although we can rearrange if you’re interested.