Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I have a Court of Protection form, roughly filled out, in

Customer Question

I have a Court of Protection form, roughly filled out, in order to apply to be a deputy for my husband, who, having suffered a stroke in August, is mute and bedridden. I have no Lasting Power of Attorney in order to deal with his bank account, and , as his full time carer , not much time away from home , to spare.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: no.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I hope I’ve covered everything.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 7 months ago.

Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 7 months ago.

Hi thank you for your message, you should apply for power of attorney for financial affairs, I can advise how to do this if you can confirm that is what you want.