How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5906
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

I have a Court of Protection form, roughly filled out, in

Customer Question

I have a Court of Protection form, roughly filled out, in order to apply to be a deputy for my husband, who, having suffered a stroke in August, is mute and bedridden. I have no Lasting Power of Attorney in order to deal with his bank account, and , as his full time carer , not much time away from home , to spare.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: no.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I hope I’ve covered everything.
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 7 months ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 7 months ago.

Hi thank you for your message, you should apply for power of attorney for financial affairs, I can advise how to do this if you can confirm that is what you want.