How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7112
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I have just found out my biological father has passed away,

Customer Question

Hi, I have just found out my biological father has passed away, I’m unsure weather I’m entitled to any part of his estate, as I was kept a secret from his wife, so I can’t imagine I was in his Wil
Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: UK London I live in wales
Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: none his family wouldn’t acknowledge me, I met him once and he confirmed that he was but actual dna etc I have none
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 6 months ago.


It depends on whether your late father made a Will and if so, whether he provided for you in the Will.

If not, you would need to make an application to the courts for an order under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) ACt 1975 for provision from his estate.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 6 months ago.

You are welcome.

Please click on 5 stars so that I may close this question.

Good luck