UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Just want to ask im married in India is it valid here in UK,

Hello ma’am just want to ask im married in India is it valid here in UK, i married an indian lady but im holding a portugal passport
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I dont have any steps taken yet im living in chiswick now im holding portugal passport
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No not yet
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: If my marriage in india is valid because i was planning to marry my longtime partner in uk so i can bring her here

Yes, if your marriage is lawful in India, it will be recognised as valid in the UK. You must have followed the correct procedures in India and there is no reason why the marriage would not be allowed in the UK e.g. you are not married to more than one person.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
So i cannot apply for my longtime partner to come in uk as unmarried visa due to i was married before in india
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Please advise

Sorry, I do not understand.

Please click on 5 stars. This will not close. Please then explain whether you are talking about the same person or different persons.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Im talking about my longtime partner but im still married in india is it possible i can apply for unmarried visa for her even i was married in india

No, you cannot do so unfortunately.

I await your positive rating so that I may close this question.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Is there any possible ways that i can apply for her as dependable

Please click on 5 stars for the answers given. We may then continue.