How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 9998
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

I used to own a property which I advertised through

This answer was rated:

I used to own a property which I advertised through I sold the property beck in October 2019 and informed them of this and was assured that any outstanding payments would be paid into my bank account. However this did not happen and they owe me £981. I have been in contact with them by phone and email but they are still refusing to pay me. What can I now do?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in the UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have emailed them and phoned them
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: are now refusing to answer my emails

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you today.

I dealt with a similar question a while back - are hoping you will not bother to pursue them.

According to companies house they have also dissolved their UK address, hence the reason why you have not heard from them. First of all if you paid by credit or debit card you can see if the card company/bank will reimburse you. If your credit card company or bank cannot help you should sue They should have paid you by now especially as they have told you they would do so.

You can use the European Small Claims procedure in order to claim. This allows for cross border claims of up to 5,000 euro in value. You need to fill in the attached Form A and attach any evidence you wish to rely upon to :

County Court Business Centre, PO Box 527, Salford, M5 0BY

The form asks for your bank details and the 25 euro issue fee will be deducted but added to your claim sum.

The court will then serve the form on who then has 30 days to respond. The court will consider the response and give judgment on the claim (or if further details are required the court will write to either party). They may hold an oral hearing (by telephone if the court has the facilities - which most do have) but with the facts of this case it is unlikely as it should be capable of being dealt with on paper. If you win you get a certificate against which means they must pay your claim.

For reference, and for the Form A,'s address is:, Herengracht 597, 1017 CE Amsterdam, the Netherlands.

I hope this helps - if you can please click 5 stars at the top of your screen, I can answer follow up questions at no extra charge and Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Many thanks,


JimLawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What happens if the case goes against and they still refuse to pay?

the court bailiffs in their local court (in Amsterdam) will collect. I very much doubt it will get to that point though

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I down loaded the forms you sent and sent them off to the address you gave, but have now had the forms returned to me telling me I have to go through the my county court, but on phoning my county court they don't see why the forms have been returned, what should I do now?
Sandra Rees

It must be because of Brexit (so after end of January the European Small Claim does not operate with the UK).

You would need form N1 and N510 (attached) and a court fee of £70 payable to HMCTS. 3 copies of the N1 form need to be sent to the County Court Business Centre.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is my chance of winning the claim still worthwhile me paying this amount out?

You have a good chance, yes - for the sake of £70 it's worth it as you are owed nearly £1,000.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your help so far, but having read through form N510 I am unsure on which box(es) I need to tick, any help please?

Part 2, the first tick box. Thanks