How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 37794
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Im a crown servant living abroad and have a question about

Customer Question

Hello, Im a crown servant living abroad and have a question about naming conventions when registering for UK birth certificates and passports...
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: we have registered for a Maltese birth certificate and have not yet applied for UK documentation, we live in Malta but I am a UK Diplomat/Crown Servant. I want to register for a UK birth certificate for my son with a different surname to the one on his Maltese birth certificate
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
For info, our sons Maltese birth certificate has the fathers surname followed by the mothers surname, which is required by Maltese law. We want to register his surname as double barrelled on UK birth certificate and passport with his mothers surname-fathers surname
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 6 months ago.

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be able to assist.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 6 months ago.

Where was your son actually born?