SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by

Hi pearl,
Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Hi had an diabtic needle in a hotel room that hadn't been cleaned up that I stood on and caused me a lot of mental stress. I have not been successful in find someone to fight my claim for me. I am pleading lack of due diligence
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I filled in an accident for at the hotel and have tried a couple if different law firms. One took the case but the hotel wouldn't accept responsibility
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's everything thank you

Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. When you say you have used a couple of firms before what defence did the hotel present please? Also did this happen when you checked in or some time after use of the room? Did you have any doctor or hospital attend to you? If so have you had to receive any precautionary treatment? when did this happen?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The hotel just refused to take any responsibility. I put my bag down when I checked in and it went into my finger. I immediately called my foreman and tried to squeeze as much blood as possible. I checked out the next day and went to the hospital. I was tested for hepatitis and hiv which I had to wait 6 weeks for a result. I have the needle and copy of the accident form from the hotel

You therefore need to find a personal injury solicitor and yes they have a duty of care to ensure their rooms are safe and secure for customers. The difficulty is with proving the needle was there before you checked in but if this happened straight away then you will have reasonable prospect and your solicitor will be able to ask for evidence of whether previous occupants may have had diabetes and left the needle and a record of when cleaning and what cleaning takes place. I am suprised other firms have not continued with your matter however they may have seen more information and assessed the matter fully and decided you would not have prospect or that the value would not be proportionate. Try clerksroom.com they will have reasonably priced solicitors.

I hope this helps and I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience, all the best