How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 78045
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I got my HND Diploma at West London College July 2019 and

This answer was rated:

Hi my name is***** and i got my HND Diploma at West London College July 2019 and for unknown reason West London College send a note to Student Finance i WITHDRAWN from courses on 29.11.2019 !?!?! After this Student Finance send me a letter because i left the courses i was over paid and i have to pay back £3624.24 .I WAS to West London College to ask what is this ERROR but MR. Iqbar the EX PRINCIPAL refuse to help because i"m i finish the courses ,i got the diploma and i"M not them student anymore ....PLEASE HELP ME !!!

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

How can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I need a Statement from W
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
sorry i will write it .


Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I need s statement from West London College where is mention i finish the college not WITHDRAWN .tHE WEST LONDON COLLEGE refuse to issue this to me.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
even on my diploma is writing i complete the course.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
at West London College

Ok, so what is your question about this?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What i should do because West London College refuse to give me this statement even i finish the school.!!!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
At them campus ...
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Student Finance to cancel the over paid latter of £3624.24 they need this statement from West London
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
college who don"t want to give me this Statement ...

Why dont they want to?

What reason have they given?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I"M NOT them student anymore and they can not help me ?!?!

yes, but that doesn't mean they can't write to them confirming you were there and did not withdraw.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was to West London College in 2 of January i write to them in 3 of January but they keep ignore me....

Thank you.

I'm still not sure what you are asking.

If you are asking whether you can force them to confirm that you were there then the answer is that you cannot at this stage but there is no reason why they should not. Just call them and ask them.

FAiling that, tell student finance you are not liable and invite them to sue if they disagree. Then there would be a proper consideration of this point.

Can I clarify anything for you?


Customer: replied 7 months ago.
to sue me you mean ?


Customer: replied 7 months ago.
how i will hire a solicitor what are not affordable for me ?

Why would you do that? This is a small claims court sum.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
sorry but i"m not understanding the law. If the student finance will take me in the court because i can not pay £3624.24 in 20 days how they want it is not normal to hire a solicitor to resolve this situation?

No, it is a small claims court sum.

You can use a solicitor but you cant claim their costs. You don't really need one here.

Delighted to continue with this but please rate my answer.

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
In the court do i have chance to win against Student Finance what will want to sue me for over payment of £3624.24(second payment)? Please your professional opinion

You do have a chance to win if the facts are as you say.