Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

Could you help. The elderly person I was LPOA for, has

Hello, could you help. The elderly person I was LPOA for, has passed away today. Her house completion date is tomorrow. Will this go through. Are there any repercussions if the sale money goes into the account, as it is after the date of death? Thank you
Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: In what regard?
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you

Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help with this matter.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Ross, thank you.

Firstly, I am sorry to hear of this passing. As the missives are concluded on the sale it is binding agreement so the sale will still go through. What you will want to do is look at the Will for the person you had PoA for as this will determine what happens next. It will then be down to the executors of the will to deal with the estate. Sadly as the person has now passed away the PoA of void, your power and responsibility is admonished upon the death of the grantor. However, if you are named in the Will as an executor then you will still be able to deal with this matter. However, if you are not, then you will have to look at having a solicitor contact the executors of the estate.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

I would be obliged if you could Click to “accept” the answer and leave me a 5 star rating (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge.

Ross

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Wonderful thank you for your quick and informative response.