Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

We have a dispute with our scaffolder, firstly the quote we

We have a dispute with our scaffolder, firstly the quote we accepted was for 3 lifts ( levels) but when the installers arrived they could not fit 3 as it wasn’t correct after a conversation with the office they installed 2 levels, the company claimed this was what was actually quoted after I asked for a revised quote after much discussion I accepted this when the scaffolding was fully installed it turns out we only had 1 level in certain areas so even less on what was quoted, we also never had a section installed which they have offered a small discount on, when I have questioned them on this further and requested their design to support the install they did not have one despite the installers using a drawing they stated this was installed under the install regulations, the scaffolding was built off of our neighbours roof with no prior notice or permission to us or our neighbour which as I understand this is not covered under the regulations and in fact a design should have been submitted to us for approval and permission Andy therefore should be available to support their claims on what has been installed, they also broke a window at the house and denied this initially until I pointed out we had a voice mail from them confirming they had broken this yet they have never been up to repair this so we have instructed our builder to do this at a cost we have advised them of these costs and advised we will deduct these from the balance, they also left a lot of their materials behind again they denied this until we told them we have CCTV showing these materials being brought on site and left by them, they never came back to remove these so again we instructed our builder to do this and cost will be deducted from the balance
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: northampton
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: we had a final invoice of around £3300 we paid £3000 straight away. Believing the.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The invoice they are sending me a portion of this is not labelled for my address even though it is for me

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to ask me about this today please?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
We believe we have paid the correct amount for the works completed after taking out the costs for the window and removal of materials plus the section of scaffolding not installed they are not accepting this and are instructing their solicitor to recover the monies do I have a case to argue or will I have to pay the balance plus costs

Yes, I would agree.

As such I would refuse to pay the balance.

They have a choice to either accept it or take you to court for the balance.

As it is so small I dont think they would do that and risk losing.

Clearly you havent had the service required so there is a real risk they would lose.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Could you also advise the invoice they have sent me is not all for my address they have it mixed up with another address the total is correct for my address however it states that a third of the balance is due on a property that is not mine will this also go in my favour if required

I wouldnt worry about the address thing, thats a non point.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Yes thanks