How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5921
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

I have nearly finished modernising a house. I engaged an

This answer was rated:

Hi I have nearly finished modernising a house. I engaged an architect and got full planning permission. My next door neighbour tried to block the planning permission when I bought the house in August 2018. She now has engaged Irwin and Mitchell (probably funded by her house insurance) to claim against me for damp in her groundfloor subfloor. They have said this is due to a faulty downpipe which is clearly not so and I refuted this. I called out united utilities (local waterboard) to check the drains with a camera and they said the drains are fine but it is likely to be caused by an altered water table (high watertable) . It's possible that my very large extension has altered the water table. Could they sue me for that?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: stockport
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks

Hi thank you for your message, in essence if the work to your property has meant that you have increased the flooding risk to your neighbours property then they can take legal action against you but they would need to instigate that and prove it. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Jeremy Aldermartin and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi thanks for that I have a couple more questions. 1. If I sell my house quickly and move on can she pursue me with a claim if I am no longer the legal owner. 2. My daughter has a law degree and wrote a letter of response to Irwinmitchell within the 14 days and also sent additional information within 28days. What time limit ,if any, do they have to comply with in terms of their next correspondence with us. I would like to get this dealt with quickly. Are there any time limit rules that we need to know about ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No thanks I'm happy to text