How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1966
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

After I give my notice to my employer and work all notice

This answer was rated:

Hello, after I give my notice to my employer and work all notice period of 30 days, my ex employer refuse to pay me out the deposit he holds for the first two weeks I was work for them. When I start to work they explane to me that they will hold a deposit for the first two weeks i work until I decide to leave the company. Now they refuse to pay this deposit without reasonable explanations. What can I do?
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: The manager refuse to pay the deposit. Until now I didnt talk to a lawyer
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Im a employee, no union member
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I dont know what the Lawyer need to know but I m open for all question and have nothing to hide. I just use now my friends laptop, bcz my is on repairing.
Good day, your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be able to assist.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok please se if you can help me
This really ought not to happen and your employer is behaving unreasonably. I recommend that you send something in writing to them formally requesting for the money to be rapid to you. Putting something in writing is important as this could be used as evidence, if required at a later date. If this has already been done, then you could move directly to step two. This is by contacting ACAS. they are a free independent organization which deal with employer/employee related issues. They are able to speak to your employer on your behalf and negotiate a resolution to this issue. You must act quickly as usually you have a time frame of 3 months to bring any potential claims against a previous employer.Here is ACAS’ contact information. hope this helps. Kindly let me know if I may be of further assistance.
Kindly take the time to indicate you have accepted the answer given by clicking on the stars at the top of the screen,All the best
ReadyLaw and other Law Specialists are ready to help you