ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Advocate
Experience:  Adjunct Lecturer at University of Technology
104128041

The husband of my daughter, Suzanne, is actively encouraginh

The husband of my daughter, Suzanne, is actively encouraginh their two yourng children(aged 14 son and 16 daughter) to become negative towards her, their mother, before their divorce hearings take place in the next couple of weeks. They presently all live under the same roof, but the atmosphere is becoming very distressing for Suzanne and the children are turning against their mother because of the father's increaingly poisonous attitude towards Suzanne.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: The collaborative solicitors meeting is scheduled for this Wednesday. I assume papers will be filed subsequent to that. Can a 'restraining order be obtained to prevent the father of the two children from poisoning the children against their mother?
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Farnham is where they live and I assume it will be held therefore in the local County and Magistrates Court. What can I do to help in this very distressing situation for my daughter, who is the 'petitioner'.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only that my daughter pursuing the divoprce on the grounds of " unreasonable behaviour and infidentility. The dilemma for us is the clearly damaging effect all this is having on Suzanne. They have been married for 18 years. The father is an airline pilot and the 'femme fatale' is a divorced local councillor..
Good day, your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be of assistance.
I am sorry to hear what has happened and, unfortunately, in those circumstances it is usually extremely difficult for the children.

Unfortunately this is not a situation that a restraining order may be used for. The court, without a reason, would not prevent him seeing the children. Further, the court would be unable to monitor what is being said to the children.

I recommend however that she speaks to her solicitor about what is happening prior to the next hearing. This way the solicitor may be able to communicate to his solicitor about the things that are being said t9 the children. The solicitor may notify his solicitor that if this doesn’t stop, they would be forced to bring to the courts’ attention the fact that the children is account is being prejudiced by dad at any subsequent hearing.

I do hope this helps.

Kindly let me know if I may be of further assistance.
Kindly take the time to indicate you have accepted the answer given by clicking on the stars at the top of the screen,

All the best RL