Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I’ve a legal binding contract with a lady who bought my dog

Hi I’ve a legal binding contract with a lady who bought my dog a year ago and has failed to pay any of the repayments for the dog and in the contract it states that I myself kelly Weaver still fully owns the dog till last payments made and I went through small claims court and won the order but she’s still refusing to pay so it will result in me having to oder a Bailiff to retrieve the 1200 owed for my dog, but Can I by law just take my dog back instead as I know she’s not got the money for her so I’m happy having my dog back. Do I by law have that right to end the court case and take my dog back instead?
Assistant: Where is she? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I’m in Manchester and she’s in either Rochdale or stoke on Trent or very near there I’ll get her address
Assistant: What steps has she taken so far?
Customer: Non
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes she’s been absolutely vial to me in her messages and I’m now scared of her and I’ve mental health and physical health Which she knows so that’s why I’ve not gone to her address myself to just take my dog back as she’s not paid for her

Welcome to JA.

It is not a wise move to seek to obtain your dog yourself as you will likely be breach other potential laws such as trespassing and possibly criminal damage in the event you undertake a forced entry. Further the law permits bailiffs to enter the lady's home to seize and sell goods worth the value of the dog.

Do you understand what i have stated if not please let me know?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
That’s our contract that she signed infront of my 2 independent Whiteness the day she came to view my dog to see if she was happy with her and she then signed the contract and that she’s broken since day one. and is fully refusing to pay for my dog or return my dog to me as it’s states In my contract that I still fully Own Alaska my dog until she’s been paid for in full, she’s refused to pay even though I won the small claims court oder and she’s still refusing to pay for her so my only next step through the cliams court is to send a bailiffs round to redeem my money, but she can’t afford to pay for her so do I have the rights by law to take my dog back as she’s threatened me if I send bailiffs round and I can’t cope with her abusive bullying behaviour if I send the bailiffs as I’ve server mental health and physical health plus fnd and the stress is causing my fnd symptoms to be quite server and I live alone so I’m quite vulnerable and would rather have my dog back so I don’t need to use the enforcement of bailiffs and can avoid the next steps through the small claims court as she’s told me last week she going to refuse to pay for her still! So have I any rights to take my dog back by law of the contract like I asked her last year to bring her back early last year which she fully refused. What’s my rights here in regards ***** ***** dog? I really need help on this matter as I’m scared of her reactions if I have no choice but to send bailiffs which I’ve tried to avoid for her but she’s still refusing to pay
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No I’ve not tried to get my dog back myself as I’m scared of her but I’d rather have my dog back if she can’t pay than have to use the next steps of bailiffs can I ask the bailiffs to take my dog back if she can’t pay for her in full?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
If I have to use the bailiffs as my only next step Can I ask the bailiffs to take my dog back to bring her to me if she can’t pay for her in full after the 7 days she gets the chance to pay for her in full?

Thanks for the email.

The contract does not stipulate you can enter her premises and reclaim the goods. However given you have a CCJ i suggest you notify the baliffs to take the dog or goods worth the value of the debt.

I hope i have clarified the position, if not please let me know

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Okay Thankyou no ino I can’t enter her property by law hence why I’ve needed your advice on this matter, as long as I know I can ask the bailiffs to take my dog back to me if she can’t pay her in full and not take her goods as that’s not what I wanted from this as she’s got kids I’ve wanted my dog back since she refused to pay but didn’t know the laws and my rights so I used the small claims court and I won, but I don’t mind taking the next step of the bailiffs to see if she will pay in full and if not take my dog back and bring her to me, as I’ve no idea on the laws

No problem,i hope you get your dog or the money owed to you.

Please before you leave JA today please rate the assistance provided by clicking on the 5 stars button at the top of the screen as this help improve the service given in future.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I only wanted to know my rights with my dog and if I used bailiffs where I stand and if I could ask them to not use her goods to redeem the payment if she can’t pay for her as i would like to have my dog back to me if payment can’t be made for her by Anita as my dog cost me over £3000 and I kindly reduced the cost for her to Anita being nice and I’ve had nothing but abuse off her since I’ve made the police aware of her threatening behaviour ect so I just wanted advise before I started the process of using the bailiffs so I can have my dog back if she can’t pay
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
And Thankyou to be honest I know she’ won’t pay as she’s told me last week so I just want my dog back so I don’t have to deal with her abusive and threatening behaviour as I suffer server anxiety. And I just want her out my life now for good but Thankyou I’m just so happy that I can ask the bailiffs to just take my dog back if she can’t pay in full which I know she won’t as she’s on benefits hence why I agreed for her to pay in 3 payments ect and I’ll be so glad if my dogs brought back to me.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
yes I’m absolutely so happy to give you 5* as you’ve no idea how relieved I am that I now know I can ask the bailiffs to get my dog back if she won’t pay in full.

Your welcome and have a good day

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Awe Thankyou so so much and you too