SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I am half way through a solar panel installation. The

I am half way through a solar panel installation. The installer did not complete it in the agreed 2 data saying they were delivered a dummy inverter by mistake. However they installed the panels on the roof. I do not want to proceed with this installation . Please can you advise ?
Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: No. I am stressed about this .
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I initially informed to cancel the installation but they talked me in to agreeing complete it on January 20 th. However I noticed the quality of the installation was below my expectation . Moreover as it involves a life long contract with support and trouble shooting , I am not able to trust them anymore
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I initially signed an agreement but they have breached the agreed I installation already

Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. i am reviewing your question now

Hi what is the main issue at the moment? Are you looking to cancel because they have not completed at all? or they completed 2 days late? or the system is not working as should due to how it was installed?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
The installation was delayed due to their fault and I notice the quality was not good. They lied to me that the supplier sent them a ‘dummy’ inverter’. When I enquires with the inverter company, I was told the installers actually got hold of a ‘display unit ‘ which is their fault. I lost trust and do not want to deal with them anymore .
I am looking to pay for the panels and cancel the further installation