How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Chendo Your Own Question
Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1654
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
Type Your Law Question Here...
Anthony Chendo is online now

In the hope of your advice...... In the hope of your

This answer was rated:

In the hope of your advice...... In the hope of your advice....
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In the hope of your advice! I had cause to take a small claim against an individual to the County court (Medway - Kent, England) in April (Last) and was awarded £9000+ recovery from the other party, to be paid by 11th July, 2019. The individual did not pay the moneys owed, nor advise the reason - nor communicate further! ... I'm looking to recover the Court awarded sum £. Could you please advise the next stage towards recovery? Many Thanks in advance....Ian
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Non to date
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No! I was absolved of all liability the other party was brought to task and pleased poverty, although noting that his suggestion to the court that he owned my asset (Car) which was worth £17k. Judge suggested sale of car to pay the sum due. Other party was less than happy!!!

Welcome to JA

I will review your question and will return to you today.

Please note this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.


Thanks for your patience.

Since the debt is over £5000 and you know he has assets to meet the debt I suggest you consider the request for writ of control or writ of possession route via the high court by completing the necessary forms or instructing an debt management agency to do the form for you. This route means the high court enforcement officer can go to the debtor's premises and seize and sell goods worth the value of your debt.

Do you understand what I have stated if yes I will provide the necessary forms to complete and the relevant fees or alternatively I will provide the debt collections agency that can carry out the service for you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Many Thanks! Could you please advise by necessary forms for completion and reference to dept collection agency etc.


Please see below the link for the debt collectors who can do the necessary form that is attached for you.

Alternatively you can complete the form attached yourself and pay the necessary fees which I will send shortly.

Please click on the link below which gives further information about the process of carrying out the process yourself.

I hope I have clarified the position if not please let me know.

However if I have clarified the position please before you leave JA today please rate the assistance provided by clicking on the 5 stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service given in future.


Anthony Chendo and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you