Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My son is 15 and was assaulted on Friday night. The police

My son is 15 and was assaulted on Friday night. The police are investigating but want to complete a video interview with him on his own. My son was already diagnosed with anxiety and is in a terrible state. what do i do?
JA: Have assault charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: No court date. The police want to charge the perpetrator with ABH and attempted burglary but want to record video statement first
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: Friday 10th January
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I just need to know what rights my son has with this
Hi thank you for your message, in the case of vulnerable witnesses such as your son this is not uncommon. The interview will be conducted by specialist trained officers and they will be used to conducting interviews with vulnerable people including a lot of the time children. He can stop the interview anytime if he is stressed and they will usually take frequent breaks. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.