Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My father has passed away this week and he has told us that

My father has passed away this week and he has told us that he has made a will and that he has left his house to myself and 2 siblings but he has said that his wife (2nd marriage)can stay in the house for as long as he wants or until she dies. How does this work?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Cornwall
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: Nothing at the moment
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don’t think so
Hi thank you for your message, so from what you have said she has been given a life interest meaning she can stay in the property until she dies but it is not legally her property. Then once she dies the property will be owned by owned by 2 siblings and you outright so you can sell it if you wish. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.