Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Second opinion] my partner suffers from Mental health issues

second opinion] my partner suffers from Mental health issues which she made known to the police whilst being transported in an ambulance to hospital. she wasn't offered once an advocate which it states under their own legislation that she should have. is this a breach of the human rights, mental health and equality acts?she also had a panic attack whilst in police custody which caused her to collapse and cause some injuries to herself including concussion. she was alcohol dependant at the time and was sick with withdrawl symptoms e.g being sick etc! she was mocked by the custody sgt after she told him of her combat ptsd and that she may have suffered from a miscarriage. he stated that "he'd heard it all before!" I am in the process of writing a complaint as we speak and just needed some info on where we stand with it all.

Hello and thanks for requesting me - unfortunately this is a question which is not within my area of law. I will open to it to all other experts and someone will hopefully pick it up soon. Please do not reply to this as it will just lock the question back to me. Many thanks

Hi thank you for your message, in essence no in relation to the advocate in the ambulance.
That said, she should have been offered a doctor to speak to her whilst In custody however if as I understand it she had already been examined at hospital then this might not have been needed.
I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience: Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney