Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I paid a deposit for a course several weeks ago and received

I paid a deposit for a course several weeks ago and received no confirmation because they had taken my email down incorrectly. I phoned and left a message to say this and heard nothing subsequently. They phoned for the balance today and I asked to cancel and get refunded as I had heard nothing. They said that they wouldn’t because it states in their t&c’s that they needed 2 weeks notice. Can I force a refund?
Assistant: Where is this? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: Purchase made in late October(ish). To Logic 4 Training.
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: just a phone call to them.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don’t think so.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

So did you get a copy of their terms and conditions?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi Ben

Hi there. Please provide the information requested

did you get a copy of their terms and conditions at all?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Didn’t get T&C’s

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Many thanks for your patience. If the fault for the wrong email address was with them, rather than you supplying them the incorrect one, and as a result you did not get any terms and conditions, you can ask for a refund. That is because you have 14 days from the time you enter into the contract to cancel and this is a legal cooling off period you get. If they failed to provide you with the terms and conditions at the time, this 14 day cooling off period would start from the date they issued you with the terms. If they refuse to refund you, then you can consider pursuing them through the Small Claims Court and you can do that online via www.moneyclaim.gov.uk