12826847

I was approached by a police witness in the street at the

I was approached by a police witness in the street at the time i had my back to him he was trying to talk to me so I said to him you should not be contacting me `he replied why not I said you have made a statement against me `He replied no a have not made any statement about you I said to him well I went to the police station to make a statement about a incident that took place and the police read a statement out to me and told me it was from you and said you name and address with which he replied that`s rubbish I`v made no statement to the police` at this time I was very worried that he might tell the police that I contacted him so I rang the police and told them that he had intimidated trying to get me to say things.Can this witness still be called at court .thanks
JA: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: Yes I have been charged and the trial is at a magistrates court on the 6th Febuary
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: yes but I have not been told weather or not this witness can still be called I am going to speak to the solicitor today can this witness be called or not. thank you.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no not at this stage

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
14/01/2020 03:24

I was approached by a police witness in the street at the time i had my back to him he was trying to talk to me so I said to him you should not be contacting me `he replied why not I said you have made a statement against me `He replied no a have not made any statement about you I said to him wellI went to the police station to make a statement about a incident that took place and the police read a statement out to me and told me it was from you and said you name and address with which he replied that`s rubbish I`v made no statement to the police` at this time I was very worried that he might tell the police that I contacted him so I rang the police and told them that he had intimidated trying to get me to say things.Can this witness still be called at court .thanks
Customer: replied 7 days ago.

If you mean this person is a crown witness against you who has approached you then they can still rely on his evidence. It just means that it would be a cross examination point maybe if the offence depends upon him being intimidated in some way.

I'm not sure if that is your question? Clearly he can still be used as a witness.

If you give me more information I will be able to offer more.