Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

Needed some advice on a Assistant: Where are you? It matters

Needed some advice on a
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: uk birmingham
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: my friend is on a beating charge to he’s wife the courts have placed him abt 10 miles from home and he is tagged yill
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: march
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm what is your question?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
My mate has been charged wid a carve for beatin he’s wife which is a lie he has been told to stay away from that house where the wife lives in he has been put on tag and cannot attend that road but he’s dad lives right next door to the house he’s wife is stayin he dad has cancer and he has a severely disabled brother who hes a carer for is their any chance he could have the tag removed so that he can go to the house next door also the house that he’s wife is living in belongs to he’s mom and she would like to know how she can remove her and her kids from that property

Hi, thank your for your message. In regards to whether or not he can visit his father you will need a court order to allow this. You should contact a solicitor in your area to help you with this.

You can find a solicitor through the law society using this function: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ (you will be able to search by area of expertise and location).

Regarding his wife, if there is a court order in place allowing her to stay in the property, then there is not much that can be done. If the wife is renting from his mother, his mother will need to evict his wife by making a section 8 or section 21 eviction application. Use a Section 8 notice if your tenants have broken the terms of the tenancy. You do not need a reason to evict under section 21. For more information please visit this link: https://www.gov.uk/evicting-tenants/section-21-and-section-8-notices

I hope this helps. - if you can please accept the answer there will be a box to do so and give me a 5 star rating (top right corner of your screen) and Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi she is not a tennet the house was her husbands mom and she was lettin them stay thier for free no rent was being paid they have 5 kids one kid under 16 so how. Can she get her to leave the property she is staying thier cos she was a daughter in law but they want her out now
Hi, thank you for your message. Ok. She can write her a letter stating that she wants her to leave the property by a particular place. The letter should be amicable. At the end of the letter she should state that if she does not move by the specific date she will take legal action. She should be given a minimum 14 days to reply. If she does not leave she will need a court order to force her out. I would advise that she finds a solicitor to help her apply for the order. You can find a solicitor by using the law society find a solicitor link here:https://solicitors.lawsociety.org
I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you