F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

How can I find out about a person my daughter is dating as

how can I find out about a person my daughter is dating as im concered about her and who he is
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: we live in hertfordshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i have looked online as he has said he wasin prison for stabbing somone and got 10years but cant find any news articals on him
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i only have his name and dob , as she met him online, and he have anumber of facebook profiles but in different names

Good afternoon. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service therefore i maybe delayed in replying.

apart from what you have already found what is your specific worry please?

does your daughter have children?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i need to find out abot a person who my daughter has got into a relationship with my daughter has been in a domestic relationship before and i have her 3 children under a SGO, hes from out our area.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
my worry is he has no id on him, he has 4 children which he said were living with him but ss have taken them and are with his family i dint know any of his family . hes told my daughter hes wanted by police but she doesn't need trouble he met my daughter about 12weeks ago and has only gone home 3times and each time he says he will bring back id but always has a excuse off not having it.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
All I want to know is i can do a check on this man
Something is telling me to. I'm not over reacting just very concerned for my daughter

This probably tells you what you need to know. It is from one particular local authority but the same is available throughout the country.

https://www.sarsas.org.uk/sarahs-law/

Or, if it’s a violence issue this https://www.gov.uk/government/news/clares-law-to-become-a-national-scheme

Although I don’t know whether the latter has been rolled out yet.

Not a legal issue but remember that whatever you come up with may not be well received by your daughter.

Can I clarify anything else for you?

I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

Please take a moment to look at the top right-hand corner of the page and rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen.

You may need to login again to use the rating service. Although it says "rate to finish" it doesn't close the thread and we can still exchange emails.

It's important that you use the rating service because that gives me credit.

It doesn't just give me a pat on the head! It's what gets me paid!!

There is also an experts incentive scheme whereby the more 5 star ratings I get I do actually get a pat on the head!

All you need to do is press Submit.

If you still need any points clarifying, I will still reply because the thread does not close.

Best wishes.

FES