SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

An on going battle my son is having trying to see is

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: an on going battle my son is having trying to see is daughter resulted in him having to take a hair strand test for alchohol he has taken it and passed the parties other solicitor has come back to cafcass and said he has not followed the proper proceedure?? what is the proper proceedure!!!
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: yes all done
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: can i represent my son in a family court

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

Can you clarify what your question is please?

Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous. I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
my son has a on going battle in family court to see his daughter cafcass are involved he has done everything that they have asked him to do, the main objection from them is that he drinks to much? so they insisted he has a liver funtion so he did they statedit was inconclusive and stated that he has a hair test which he has done and passed they have now stated that he did not follow the proper proceedure? is there a proper proceedure and what is it? can represent my son in a family court, having worked for the police for 20 yers i am no stranger to crown court.

Which testing centre did your son use?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
just ringing him to find out? does it matter!! if it does why did they not advise him

You would know as an ex police officer, that how evidence is collected certainly does matter in a court of law.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Not a police officer civilian support staff in the firearms department, he used crystal health group the conversation from cafcass was that they have been told that he has not followed proceedure is there a set proceedure to follow

Crystal Health Group are accredited - so now I am unclear as to why he has been told he has not followed procedure.

Do you have anything in writing from CAFCASS detailing why they think the testing is incorrect?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
not as yet, im sure you are aware that this ongoing situation is frustrating as a grandparent we have not seen her for 3 years and every hoop he jumps through there is always another, she does not want to let him see her at all.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
can i in any way be his advisor or representitive in family court

Yes, I can imagine it is incredibly frustrating for you all.

However, without certain information I am struggling to see what exactly is going on here. Crystal Health Group is accredited, so there should be no issue with their results - unless CAFCASS are suggesting he somehow managed to falsify the collection or results.

You cannot represent him in court as you do not have rights of audience (barristers, solicitors and some legal executives), but you can attend with him as a McKenzie friend. You will not be able to speak on his behalf (unless the court permits you to), but you will be able to assist him by taking notes etc.

If you can get something concrete to me regarding why CAFCASS thinks the procedures have not been followed, I can advise a bit more on that.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
many thanks indeed well worth the £5

You're very welcome, though I feel I could have assisted you better with more information about why CAFCASS have said what they did. If you get something, please do come back to me.

In the meantime, if you are content, please rate positively using the five stars at the top of your page as that is how I am paid for assisting you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
if there was room for 10 then you would get 11

Bless you, that is very kind.

I hope it all goes well for you.