Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I'm a judgement creditor making an application for a third

Hi, I'm a judgement creditor making an application for a third party debt order against a double glazing company...where (which court) should I send the application to? The judgement was at County Court Online, so is it to them or to the court nearest the business registered address (which is the address on the judgement)...have searched high and low for existing online advice and hoping you can help - many thanks.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: My home address is in Surrey
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have a CCJ against the defendant. There's been no payment, so I'm seeking to compel.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks

Welcome to JA.

You should send your application to the court that covers the defendant's home address. You can find the nearest court by using courttribunalfinder.service.gov.uk.

I hope I have clarified the position if not please let me know.

If I have clarified the position please before you leave JA today please rate the assistance provided by clicking on the 5 stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service given in future.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thanks for your response - the defendant is a limited company with no premises (It's just a one man band) so the address I used for the CCJ application was the business registered address in EC1, so perhaps I should use the nearest Court to that? I don't have a residential address for the director of the company (the man whose band it is!). Many thanks.

Sorry for the late response.

Yes please use the company's registered address as the nearest address in this circumstance.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Many thanks!

Your welcome