How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Chendo Your Own Question
Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1765
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
Type Your Law Question Here...
Anthony Chendo is online now

I'm a judgement creditor making an application for a third

This answer was rated:

Hi, I'm a judgement creditor making an application for a third party debt order against a double glazing company...where (which court) should I send the application to? The judgement was at County Court Online, so is it to them or to the court nearest the business registered address (which is the address on the judgement)...have searched high and low for existing online advice and hoping you can help - many thanks.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: My home address is in Surrey
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have a CCJ against the defendant. There's been no payment, so I'm seeking to compel.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks


Welcome to JA.

You should send your application to the court that covers the defendant's home address. You can find the nearest court by using

I hope I have clarified the position if not please let me know.

If I have clarified the position please before you leave JA today please rate the assistance provided by clicking on the 5 stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service given in future.


Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for your response - the defendant is a limited company with no premises (It's just a one man band) so the address I used for the CCJ application was the business registered address in EC1, so perhaps I should use the nearest Court to that? I don't have a residential address for the director of the company (the man whose band it is!). Many thanks.


Sorry for the late response.

Yes please use the company's registered address as the nearest address in this circumstance.

I hope I have clarified the position if not please let me know.

Anthony Chendo and 5 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Many thanks!

Your welcome