JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

Assistant: How can I help? I have a problem with one of my

Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have a problem with one of my insurance company
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Sc**thorpe
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I make the complain for my phones and they cancel my policy and don’t want to give me the phones
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello, this is Jim and I am a dual-qualified lawyer (UK and Republic of Ireland) and happy to help you today.

Has the insurer given you their final response to your complaint yet?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Yes they said the insurance is been cancel and i will get an refund of 34 pound

OK, it looks like you clicked the call button - apologies I can’t take a call at the moment. If no one calls you then you will not be charged for it - an "authorisation" has been made for payment, that's all. However, the call request is open to all experts - if you want to cancel the call then please send an email to [email protected]. I can continue with the question online if that suits?

What is the loss you want to claim from the insurer? I know they offered £34.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok i would like to cancel the phone call
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
The think is i bought 2 phone for my mother and my wife and i forgot them in airplane so i make the claim with the insurance company and they said they can’t replace the phone because they been bought for my mother and mu wife but the phones was in my possesion when i lost

Yes, thank you.

You are covered under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 here which means you have a right to expect a service (from the insurer) carried out with reasonable care and skill.

Once you have the insurer's final response / deadlock letter the next step would be to escalate this to the Ombudsman - they will investigate and liaise with the insurer which would hopefully result in a more favourable outcome.

They can order the insurer to make a financial award for inconvenience if they have acted badly.

You can make the complaint here : https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumers/how-to-complain

I hope this helps?