Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Can executors allow expenditure from a fund for a child to

Can executors allow expenditure from a fund for a child to be spent on obtaining dual nationality/passport so enabling EU capacity
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In the UK
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: the cost is approx £180 from a fund of £500
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am one of two Executors

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

1. Can you set out the facts so I may answer your question. What is the fund for, in the sense of what are its objects? What has the obtaining of dual nationality/passport got to do with the will or with the fund? Has the will been already administered or is it in administration? Do the executors control the fund and for what ends?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The fund was set up with a wish addendum to the Will but not directed by the Will. I am one of the two executors to the Will.

2. You have only partly answered my questions. What has the obtaining of dual nationality/passport to do with the will? Or what are the objects of the fund? The bot***** *****ne is that the money can only be spent on this purpose of obtaining dual nationality or a passport if it is within the objects of the fund.

3. Thank you for using the website. Please Rate or Accept the answer as unless you do so your Expert will not receive payment from the website despite answering your question.