How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 17359
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

Can I make a formal complaint against the CAA because of the

This answer was rated:

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: can I make a formal complaint against the CAA because of the length of time I’m having to wait for my refund. Due to the ***** ***** failure
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: i’ve not spoken to a solicitor. The CAA England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i have written to the CAA several times and received automated responses. I have written to the claims company dealing with the refund and had no reply at all and I have telephoned the CAA twice . The claim was made in September 2019
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am a 69 year old lady who hasn’t been able to have a holiday until I get my money back. It is very stressful and infuriating that no-one will respond

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Do you want to sue the CAA for loss and damage for not dealing with your claim properly?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am asking if I can ?

Yes. I think they have behaved really bad

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request compensation within 30 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 30 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Jamie-Law and 5 other Law Specialists are ready to help you