Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Can you advise on my fathers savings please regarding old

Can you advise on my fathers savings please regarding old age home care payment?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: My Father lives in Nuneaton
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: My Father had a stoke recently and requires home care when he leaves hospital. We are being honest about his savings @ £48,000 and understand that this will be means tested. My Father wants us to buy him a more comfortable bed and chair than what the social service will offer and also upgrade his car to one that is a wheelchair carrier so we can drive him around, will the council see this as him trying to spend some of his savings before the means test, he obviously has saved the money and wants to have some sort of life still, by the way he is now partly paralysed.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is is for now thank you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Any answer please?

Hi thank you for your message, he is entitled t spend some money on his healthcare needs before the assessment so that should not affect the validity of the assessment. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.