How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5929
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

Can you advise on my fathers savings please regarding old

This answer was rated:

Can you advise on my fathers savings please regarding old age home care payment?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: My Father lives in Nuneaton
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: My Father had a stoke recently and requires home care when he leaves hospital. We are being honest about his savings @ £48,000 and understand that this will be means tested. My Father wants us to buy him a more comfortable bed and chair than what the social service will offer and also upgrade his car to one that is a wheelchair carrier so we can drive him around, will the council see this as him trying to spend some of his savings before the means test, he obviously has saved the money and wants to have some sort of life still, by the way he is now partly paralysed.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is is for now thank you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Any answer please?

Hi thank you for your message, he is entitled t spend some money on his healthcare needs before the assessment so that should not affect the validity of the assessment. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Jeremy Aldermartin and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you