31090051

I keep getting letters for my son, who only stayed with me

I keep getting letters for my son, who only stayed with me for a few weeks 7 years ago. I have sent the letters back to the sender asking them to remove my address from their database. If I give them to my son he just tears them up so the problem wont go away. I am afraid that he may owe money and my address has been used. I have an excellent credit report and pay all my bills etc by direct debt so this is very worrying
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Wales
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have returned many letters informing them that my son does not live at my address. I have passed the letters on to him but I don't think he responds
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just don't want any more letters or worse, bailiffs turning up at my door

Thanks for your question. The good news is that credit ratings rely on names, not addresses so your son could have a bad credit rating but it won’t affect your own. As regards ***** ***** you are better not to pass them on and not to open them. Just mark them “return to sender” and put them in the mail box. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited by JustAnswer for helping you today.