JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

Can I sue a dca with no FCA license over collecting a

Can I sue a dca with no FCA license over collecting a international debt?
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I had a court order in Holland in 2007 over a bankruptcy. That time I was living in the UK. In 2014 a dca called Credit international limited contact to make a arrange to pay the debt back. I paid £500 a month and paid of £39
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello, this is Jim and I am a dual-qualified lawyer (UK and Republic of Ireland) and happy to help you today.

They should be regulated according to the FCA, otherwise they are not allowed to operate. Is that the full name of the DCA? Credit International Limited?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I paid the debt off total £30k. Now he is aching me to pay the interest of £25k. This is exactly 1 year after I paid the debt off. He said the cliented instructed him. But I know that the company in Holland only do mortgages and no loans. I have feeling that I am scammed

It sounds like it, I have to agree. If you ask the FCA whether the firm has done this to other people - their number is 0800 111 6768. It does sound suspicious to me though.

You can also sue for harassment if they continue to chase you. I recommend asking the FCA whether that company are on their black list though - I cannot find them on their site so I am sure they are unregulated and, as you say, likely to be a scam.

Is there anything else I can help with?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
http://fca-consumer-credit-interim.force.com/register/CS_RegisterSearchPageNew?accId=627201

Thanks, they no longer have permission to operate according to the FCA

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I will check with fca first. Thank you for help

No problem, if you have lost money to them then yes, you can sue them - they have a UK address so you could pursue them via the http://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk site.

I hope this helps – if you can please give a positive rating by clicking 5 stars (at the top of your screen), I can answer any follow up questions at no extra charge and I will be credited for helping you today.

Many thanks,

Jim