12826847

I am currently in dispute with a company whom have issued me

I am currently in dispute with a company whom have issued me with a Parking Charge Notice. I was looking for some extra information
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Leicester UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have appealed the decision which was turned down even though I have the ticket in which I paid for and the receipt still. Effectively I did not enter my registration into the parking machine. But did pay the correct amount and left with the time I had paid for
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think that is all, thank you

Welcome to JA.

I will review your question and will return to you today.

Please note this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for taking a look ... the company now want to charge me £182 for a parking tariff that I paid for!

Please can you confirm the ticket was issued by a Private company and not the local council?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ticket was issued by a private company ZZPS / One Parking Solutions

Thanks for the information.

Although you did not put in your registration in the machine or you put in the wrong registration which technically breaches the company's terms and conditions, however you have an argument that the camera in the parking lot would have seen you paying for ticket.

Therefore In the event you have exhausted the appeal process with the parking company I suggest you consider filling an appeal with the independent adjudicator called popla.

They may be able to persuade the parking company to withdraw the ticket based on this position.

Do you understand what I have stated if yes do you want people's contact information?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have gone through popla also and they refused my appeal based on breach of company terms etc. My argument to them is I have paid for the ticket I have kept the ticket and the receipt as proof of payment. It was a ploy to wrong them. Also surely the machine should not have issued me a ticket if the reg had not been inputted as it should.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
was not a ploy

Unfortunately given you have gone through popla, I cannot assist you further on this matter in respect of achieving your desired outcome. Therefore I will opt out and hopefully another expert can assist you further.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your honesty ��

Hello i will help with your question - what is the outcome you wish for please

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I wish to know what my options are i feel aggrieved that a simple human error as resulted in a £182 fine when I have shown that the correct fair was paid and I stayed within the allotted time paid for. I feel that company were happy to take my money and keep it but cannot allocate to the correct vehicle when I made them aware of it.

Oh I see.

They are suing at the small claims court?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They have sent me a formal letter of claim - Pursuant to Pre-Action Protocol! they have advised that if I do not pay they will issue county court proceedings!

Ok, are you asking if you are liable?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I would like to know what my options are: If I fight this what is the likely outcome, I feel that because I have a receipt and my ticket that I have proof of purchase and therefore should not be fined. Especially not £182 for a £3.40 ticket. Or is there no point in fighting it? I am just so angry that they could not allocate my ticket to the correct registration that would have been the human thing to do! This was an accident and they are treating me like a criminal!

It is quite possible that they will not so. They do regularly make this threat under never issue.

However, if you are saying that you did pay but it was allocated against a different registration number then you could defend this on the basis that they have suffered no loss because you did pay. They will tell you that the case of beavis disposes of the issue of the sum of their loss and so it is properly arguable.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have to respond within 30 days from the 6th Jan.
I think I am going to fight this just for the principal of the fact they are treating me like a criminal.
I could understand if I had not paid the for the ticket but this is a Human error, that occurred at 7.30am on a Saturday morning! The most annoying thing is I was actually training for a charity boxing match for Cancer Research. That's irrelevant I know.
In your experience if something like this does end up in court do I stand much chance?
Thank you for your response.

I think you have a fairly good chance if you did pay. I would fight this personally.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your help with this appreciate you taking the time to respond.

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Experience: Over 5 years in practice