INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I have an immigration related question, My wife just got her

I have an immigration related question
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: My wife just got her Tier 4 Student visa approved as a main applicant on a FHEQ level 6 course (Graduate diploma in computing). The course is 12 months long. I have now applied as her dependent. I now see from guidance that the course has to be at level 7 or above to be on her dependent.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the student visa?
Customer: is this correct?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
My wife just got her Tier 4 Student visa approved as a main applicant on a FHEQ level 6 course (Graduate diplomain computing). The course is 12 months long. I have now applied as her dependent. I now see from guidance that the course has to be at level 7 or above to be on her dependent.

Is this correct?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Will my visa request be rejected as I don’t meet requirements?

Thank you for your query. Unfortunately, it is correct.

You can apply to bring a dependant to the UK if you’re:

• sponsored by a higher education institution on a course at level 7 on the Ofqual register or above that lasts 9 months or more
  • a new government-sponsored student on a course that lasts longer than 6 months
  • a Doctorate Extension Scheme student

Therefore, as your Wife's course is at Level 6, it is highly likely that your application will be refused.

I am sorry if this was not the answer you were expecting.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Okay, yes, I understand the guidelines are clear. Is there any possibility or have you any anecdotal experience where a visa was approved under such circumstances. Sorry I’m making a grasp for some hopeful news.

Unfortunately, the Hime Office are very strict on the application of the rules and therefore I do not see any way around this.

I hope you appreciate, I do not want to give you any false hope.

As I have answered your original question, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Your question will not close and I will be happy to answer any follow up questions.