INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I would like to know if an UK enrolled deed poll for a name

Hi. I would like to know if an UK enrolled deed poll for a name change will be accepted by Poland when applying for a passport for a minor
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I have not taken any steps yet. I know what I have to do. The name change is for my son. I am Estonian and his father is Polish.
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: We live in UK. No
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't have one.

Thank you for your query. In short, yes it should be recognised. However, to be completely sure, I would suggest that you send the document for Apostillisation to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office before sending or taking to Poland.

You will be able to find further details at the following link: https://www.gov.uk/get-document-legalised

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It is not needed to get documents legalised for Poland. If I change my son's name by the deed poll in uk I still have to it again in Poland. But they may not accept my reason and refuse the change. But Estonia will accept it. In that case Th would have two passports: Estonian one with two last names and one from Poland with one last name. Would that be legally acceptable?

No. All the passports should have the same name.

As I have answered your original question, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Your question will not close and I will be happy to answer any follow up questions.