How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 15155
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

I would like to know if an UK enrolled deed poll for a name

This answer was rated:

Hi. I would like to know if an UK enrolled deed poll for a name change will be accepted by Poland when applying for a passport for a minor
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I have not taken any steps yet. I know what I have to do. The name change is for my son. I am Estonian and his father is Polish.
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: We live in UK. No
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't have one.


Thank you for your query. In short, yes it should be recognised. However, to be completely sure, I would suggest that you send the document for Apostillisation to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office before sending or taking to Poland.

You will be able to find further details at the following link:

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is not needed to get documents legalised for Poland. If I change my son's name by the deed poll in uk I still have to it again in Poland. But they may not accept my reason and refuse the change. But Estonia will accept it. In that case Th would have two passports: Estonian one with two last names and one from Poland with one last name. Would that be legally acceptable?


No. All the passports should have the same name.

As I have answered your original question, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Your question will not close and I will be happy to answer any follow up questions.

Many thanks

INC Law and 5 other Law Specialists are ready to help you