JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

Can I submit form n208 by myself or do I need a lawyer, I

Hi Can I submit form n208 by myself or do I need a lawyer
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in London. Post code E18 1NS
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Spoke with companies House. My understanding is that if I can submit the form and represent myself for the application why do i still need a lawyer.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is basically for a removal of a filing from the companies house, as it was submitted mistakenly

Hello, this is Jim and I am a dual-qualified lawyer (UK and Republic of Ireland) and happy to help you today.

Having a lawyer is entirely optional, so yes, you can file the Part 8 claim form yourself. I have attached a copy - the court fee is £308 payable to HMCTS. You would need 3 completed copies to be sent to the county court with the fee, unless you qualify for the fee exemption (if you are on a low income, have low savings, or in receipt of benefits).

I hope this helps – if you can please give a positive rating by clicking 5 stars (at the top of your screen), I can answer any follow up questions at no extra charge and I will be credited for helping you today.

Many thanks,

Jim

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello Jim, Many thanks for your response and the form. I tried calling a few county courts near me but they seem do not know about this. So if I sent it to my local county court will they be able to handle it. How would I know if they have issued the court order? lastly, would you be able to share a sample completed form which I can use as an example?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Jim i have rated you 5 star, so suppose to response to this query

Thanks for that. The courts will not tell you how to fill out the form. I haven't got a template pre-filled one I am afraid, but if you want to have a go at drafting it then upload a copy, I can check it for you.