Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I purchased a settee from scs yesterday from a store for my

I purchased a settee from scs yesterday from a store for my son and I bought the wrong one. The store are not willing to cancel/refund but will amend the order. What are my legal rights. I signed a tablet for the order and the sales representative ticked some boxes but did not under any circumstances explain about cancelling or I would not have gone through with the order. Thank you.
JA: Where is this? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: SCS Kingsway Derby. Yesterday by credit card.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have had to e-mail***@******.***. Spoke to the store and the manager is refusing to refund the money.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: On there website they have a cancellation only for online/phone

Hi thank you for your message, unfortunately your rights are different when you purchase in store as opposed to online/over the phone. Under distance selling regulations you have 14 days to cancel purchases over the phone/online but that does not apply in store I am afraid. That said I understand the store are prepared to amend the order so hopefully they supplement the incorrect sofa for the correct one. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.