INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Someone brought a fake lease contract (domestic tenant) and

someone brought a fake lease contract (domestic tenant) and sued me in the court, i am not a landlord, and the signature is fake. how can i do?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: i was just divorced with my husband last year, and unemployed with my 8 years old daughter, and the property (under my husband) was charged to me in April 2014 with order. i was moved in the property in sep 2019 at the time no one there. and then i received a court hearing, someone declared he is one of tenants and asked me to pay compensation and lost 35000 pounds and continue the lease. he used the legal aid but i dont have money to pay more
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: the lease is fake made by themselves, as my ex-husband confirmed no such lease, and the signature was not his. which i can prove
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello, this is Jim and I am a dual-qualified lawyer (UK and Republic of Ireland) and happy to help you today.

Have they started court proceedings against you yet?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
can you please refer to the new post with more details , thanks?
https://my-secure.justanswer.co.uk/question/index/be130c43b68e4cacbc0caa5fbcc4fe89?continueTheConversation=False&comingFromAdservEmail=False&ratedThroughEmail=False&rating=0&paymentType=Unknown
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
can you please first let me know what should i do?

Thanks, ***** ***** review this is now outside my area of expertise. I will therefore opt out to let another expert assist you with your question going forwards. Please do not reply to this message as the question will stay with me and there will be a delay with the reallocation.

Many thanks.

Has a claim already been issued against you?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the claimant applied a legal aid and we went to the court on 20th dec 2019, and i was allowed to postpone the hearing to 23rd jan 2020 because his solicitor only gave me 3 days before hearing.

Have you filed a defence and countterclaim?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
havent, did you mean court claim form?

a counterclaim

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no i haven't

ok.

I would suggest that you instruct a local solicitor to deal with this for you as it could be quite costly and complex.

You will be able to find details of one on the law Society website under the section find a solicitor. The web address is: www.lawsociety.org.uk

Alternatively, I can recommend one for you.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
do you think how likely i can win in the court? i have a copy of my husband 's british passport and a credit card, and the signature on both of them are totally different with the lease. my husband in china not willing come to uk to support me but he ensured he has never signed such lease with these fake tenants.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
can you recommend one to me? also can i know roughly how much ?

It seems like you have good grounds. However, to give you best chance, you should get a solicitor to defend this for you.

Which court is the case listed with?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
birmingham city court

Best to check on the law Society website. Alternatively, my firm may be able to do this but we are based in Reading. I could provide the details if you like.

As I have answered your original question, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Your question will not close and I will be happy to answer any follow up questions.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
how much if use your firm?

You are probably looking at between 3 to £5k.

INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience: LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
For my situation, if i win, can i request of compensation fo my fees and time wasting from the claimant who made a fake lease? in addition, what legal punishment the claimant should take? the claimant declared he is unemployed and has a legal aid support on the case.

You can ask the Court to consider this as part of your claim.