INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

An employee of mine completed her last day on Friday. We

Hi an employee of mine completed her last day on Friday. We have seen an email today where she has told a client she will add them to her personal email addresses so she can contact them regarding items sold at her new place of work.
JA: Was the termination discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: What do you mean?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: No lawyers have been contacted to date
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: My business has contracted employees of which she was one of them
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Her contract did state she could not take client data for personal or business use

Thank you for your query. This would be classed as a breach of confidentiality and a beach of the terms of her employment contract.

I would suggest that you write to the ex employee reminding them of their obligations under the employment contract and unless the cease all contact with any of yourclients and suppliers you will take further action through the courts.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Fantastic thank you for your advice

It's a pleasure.

Kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.