How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ross Miller Your Own Question
Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1770
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ross Miller is online now

I'm writing on behalf of my partner. I just tried this a

This answer was rated:

I'm writing on behalf of my partner. I just tried this a moment ago, went to pay and was told my question couldn't be posted. So I'll try again now.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Derby, UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. I have a statement from my partner here. Shall I attach it?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not sure if you've received the attached file.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ah, I can see it's attached OK. That statement outlines the problem. Since he wrote that yesterday, he ahs been given two weeks off work by his GP and he now has his manger calling him at home and telling him he has to come in to work, even though the company OH have told him he should not be doing any manual work. His GP has told him to rest as the work he's been given to do is worsening his injury. He has become very anxious about the harassment and has stopped answering his phone and listening to voicemails.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help with this matter.

I have now had the chance to read through the letter.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Great! Hello
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can't afford £44. I was under the impression I'd get some free legal advice for the £5 I've just paid.

Ignore the phone request it is automatically generated by the website automatically, I am just writing my answer up now.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ah, OK. Thanks.

It is possible that the injuries could potentially amount to qualifying as a Disability under the Equality Act 2010, section 6 (definition of disability). If this is the case then your pattern has a lot of protection under the Equality Act. This includes protection from Harassment, Victimisation, Failure to make reasonable adjustments and Discrimination. Your partner will have to raise a grievance with her work in the first instance. However, ultimately, you can take action for this in the Employment Tribunal. Discrimiatnion cases are quite complex and it would be a good idea to have the situation fully assessed to have a legal determination made if there is a case to be heard here. Additionally, if you do raise legal proceedings then you are afforded further protection for raising a claim i.e. your partner cannot be treated badly or dismissed for raising legal Acton. If you like I can activate a service where my company would review your claim for free and then we offer no win no fee representation if we feel there is a case there. Otherwise, I hope this information has helped.

I would be obliged if you could Click to “accept” the answer and leave me a 5 star rating (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge.

Kind regards


Ross Miller and other Law Specialists are ready to help you