Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

Yeah I have been having a problem recently the thing is I

hi yeah I have been having a problem recently the thing is I had my insurance contact me about a incident I may have been involved with about three months ago problem is I don't remember the incident as its been a while
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: located london, croydon
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i called them and they stated it was on the 26th October 2019 but they did not give a time when the incident happenedand they stated its a third party vehicle which is a bus as then i got transferred to claims department when they asked question via car damages and asked questions whther i do remember and if i am able to prove my car didn't cause the incident i do have a dashcam but sadly its not on the SD memory card so i sent photos of my car to shows whether i had sufffiecient amount of damage caused by the bus
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: truth is don't really remember my car has only cosmetic damages like small dents and scruffs it just making me anxious

Thank you for the information can you outline what your question is specifically please. Thank you.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i need advice on what to because there has been a claim against me about a incident i don't remember as it has happened three months
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i would prefer to send it on here
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
so far whats been stated its a third party vehicle so a bus and normally i would hand over footage of my driving on October but sadly i cannot as its been overlooped
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i have sent images of my car and is still awaiting for reply
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
the first time i called them was 3rd of January and then second time i called was 7th of January with my partner asking about more of the incident
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
and i sent the images on the 4th of January as i was only able to find the email address to send the car images ever since that i got a reply last week Friday saying they have received images
do i need to send the car images to you too?

Thank you, firstly, I wouldn't worry too much if you honestly can't remember. All you can do is provide them wit the information and photo's you have . You wont get in any trouble. All the insurance companies are trying to do is establish who is at fault, this is not to appoint blame, it is simply to establish which insurance company has to pay for the damage. So please don't get frustrated at the fact you can't remember all you can do is provide them with the information you do have. Also remember that they will appoint accident investigators etc. to look at the situation so it doesn't really come down to what you do or don't remember, you will be just fine.

However, the best thing you can do is enlist the help of the Citizens Advice Bureau. They have appointed benefits advisers who are experts in this matter. If you go to them with all your documents then they will be able to assess the situation for you. The Citizens Advice also have programme called QBC this will allow them to input all of your information and do an assessment on your individual situation without having to contact the DWP. This QBC system will also be able to highlight and identify any benefits you may be entitled to but are not qualifying at the moment. If you application is rejected then the CSA can help you with any mandatory reconsideration as well as potentially provide you with representation at a benefits tribunal should this become necessary.

I would be obliged if you could Click to “accept” the answer and leave me a 5 star rating (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge.

Ross

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
its not only about getting into troubles its more insurance wise as its my second year with the insurance company and i just recently paid a new policy and now since i got a email the premium has gone up and already i am stressing about finding work

I understand this, the really annoying thing about insurance is that even if it is found that it is not. your fault then your insurance would still go up since you were involved in the accident (whether it is your fault or not). What you should do is look to see if you can get cheaper insurance elsewhere however, be careful as they will want to charge you if you leave their policy early. Sadly, I am afraid there isn't much you can do about your insurance premium I am sorry to say. I have been here myself when I was hit my insurance went up which I don't think is fair! But sadly this is how things work.

Ross

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
if i was to look elsewhere for a cheaper policy wouldn't this be on record?