Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have a court case due next week for driving while

Hi I have a court case due next week for driving while disqualified, it is my first case for driving while disqualified however in 2018 March I was disqualified for drink driving for a year and the shortly after than bam finished I was disqualified for totting up 6 points which is the ban I was court driving on
Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: I called some solicitors and some have advised against getting a solicitor as they are saying it will be an extended ban and maybe community service and I should not worry and save solicitor money to pay any court fines
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes my court date is 23rd of January
Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, where is this? And to clarify, can you tell me what paperwork has been filed?
Customer: it is in Coventry and I have been charged with drive while disqualified RT88333 and use of motor vehicle without insurance

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

When was your ban and when were you caught?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My ban started in August and was due to end January 29th
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was caught on December 31st

Ok. What is it you want to know?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
some solicitors have advised against getting a solicitor however it is a case that holds a prison sentence and do not want to take the risk so wanted another opinion on what it is I should do and what to expect

Yes its really up to you. You will be given an extended ban and probably a Community Order.

You had served most of the ban.

I would get a Solicitor though

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Last question, if I don’t get a solicitor will a duty solicitor be provided ?

Yes.

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thank you

Pleasure