Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I need an advice. I have a lawyer and he send documents

Hi! I need an advice. I have a lawyer and he send documents without any my signature to the court. He wrote me a case number ***** yesterday I called to the court. The lady in the court told me that without my signature my lawyer could not do anything and she tried find the case on my details. Unfortunately she told me that it's not exist any case on my name and surname.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Liverpool
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I called yesterday to the court, and wrote to my lawyer and asked about court reference number but he didn't..
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He wrote me that the lawyer can sign documents.. And I have no idea how the law in the UK works.. I would like to know it..

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

I am not with you, can you please explain the situation a little more?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi!
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Of course just give me a little time

Sure

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
So I needed a lawyer. I found some polish one because I'm from Poland. So it was easier for me. Because my ex husband who is in Poland wanted to contact with our daughter I saw that after their conversation start be agrresive, nervous and mad.. She start remembering and telling me about situation when my ex husband bit me.. So I paid my lawyer a money for it and it was on August 2019. He wrote me that case is already in the court, he sent me a case number. He wrote me once that some documents will come to me and I need to sign them and send him back, but nothing came. Then when I have been asking about my case all the time I red that in 2 weeks we will have date of first meeting in the court. On November he wrote me that the case number has changed because judge also changed. He sent me this number:2019/11/B29FCFB8. All the time I heard that right now will be faster etc. So because my daughter passport expires on 25 of August I start thinking about it.. And yesterday I called to the court and the lady told me that I have a wrong case reference number. And it should start from LV.. And she tried to find my case from my details and my daughter or my ex husband. She called me back and she told me that she checked all system and its not any case on my name. So I wrote to him about this number, he wrote he will sent me but he didn't. He also added he wrote an email to the court to ask about my case..
Today when I wrote him that I spoke with the Family Court he wrote me he could sign a document because he is my lawyer and we made agreement over the email. I checked emails and it was just that I agree how to pay whole amount of money for him.. I didn't sign any agreement, I didn't see any agreement even documents to the court.. I don't know what to do because I paid to him more than 1000£ and for me it's really a huuuge amount..

Ok - so has it been to Court?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
He wrote me that yes.. But I didn't see any documents.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
He just sent me a case number and yesterday the lady in the court when I called told me that its wrong..

Ok, so its not been to Court and you have no documents from the Court?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No.

Then there is no Court order.

You would have had Court papers.

If you have not had Court papers, then there is no claim.

The Court wont make an order without you being present.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I want know if a lawyer can do anything without my signature

No.

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
And to make any claim to the court I must sign yes?

Yes

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Yes, thanks

Pleasure