How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 17311
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I had a default judgment against a seller for a house I

This answer was rated:

I had a default judgment against a seller for a house I purchased from him for misrepresentation, He is now applying for the judgment to be set aside I need legal advise as to where I go from here.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Romford
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have just received their application to court the case will be heard in the County court Chelmsford
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I received a letter from his solicitor asking me to set aside the judgment which I refuse his defence is that he did not receive the correspondence from me nor the court he is also saying the way i pledge my case is the judgment is set aside he would prove my case has no merit

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Has he filed a draft defence with the application?

Jamie-Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
he has

I will call shortly, will show as withheld.