How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7213
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My son loaned someone money on a formal business basis. The

This answer was rated:

My son loaned someone money on a formal business basis. The recipient has stated the funds he received in payment for goods has been frozen by his bank. He has, apparently, referred this to the Ombudsman for action. Is there any way my son can check whether this is the case, without the permission of the person making the complaint. He has sent my son a copy of a letter of the ombudsman. Thanks.
JA: Where is your son? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In the UK
JA: What steps has your son taken so far?
Customer: He has tried, constantly, to maintain contact with the other person, but has proved very evasive. There was another party involved who is also owed funds. He took advise, and has just reached an agreement whereby he is paid £2000 per month. The person owing the money is earning £3000 per month, so will be unable to commit further funds. My son has spoken to a solicitor today, but I wondered whether definite proof could be obtained that this man has a complaint in progress. He has sent my son an alleged copy of a bank statement, which shows funds of well over £80,000 in his account.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of at the moment.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.


Due to data protection/GPDR laws, your son cannot find out such information without the consent of the person making the complaint, unless your son obtains a court order authorising disclosure of the information to him.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is it expensive/difficult to obtain said court order?

Yes, court applications could be costly depending on the legal fees negotiated.

Please click on 5 stars

UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you