UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Pearl, I hope you are able to help... a managing agent owed

Hi there Pearl, I hope you are able to help... a managing agent owed me some money for a property that he was looking after for me; I agree this money was owed with his office manager 10 March of 2016; despite numnberous e-mails being sent back and forth to date they have still not paid...
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I applied for this money through the Small Claims Court / County Court and the Defendant was seen to have been served on the 8th August
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Sorry... this matter is in London, England and I believe it qualifies as a small claim
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The Defendant ignored the claim and judgment was 'stayed', I believe that I can request for the stay to be lifted and a judgment entered... my worry is that as the original debt is now 'out of time' can I still enforce it? I believe that as I have already 'in good time' made my claim that I should still be able to claim

Yes, you may still go ahead with your claim as you commenced court proceedings before the debt was statute barred.

All the best. Please click on 5 stars

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I will certainly click on 5 stars... to confirm, the debt is not considered out of time because I'd commenced proceedings in good time; my further question, can I claim the interest at the daily rate as specified on my original claim?
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I don't think I need a telephone conversation, my follow-on question seems straightforward

Yes and yes.

All the best

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you and all the best to you! 5*

Cheers. Good luck