Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Sorry this might be a bit winded, my dad was taken into a

HI
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Sorry this might be a bit long winded , my dad was taken into a care home some months ago , we were informed that because he has no sayings or assests , that the local council would pay the majority of his care home fees , but that a percentage of his pension would go towards these fees , the family had no issue with this , we are being told recently that there was also a bill for his medical needs of £163 per week , this was not mentioned at the time of my dad being placed in the home , at present the dept within the council is saying that there is £4, 300 in arrears for these medical needs , as a family we do not have this kind of cash laying around , and even the 163 per week would be unobtainable at present , question is , are we as a family legally obliged to pay the bill for his medical needs ? thanks
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: no not at present as we have only discovered this in the last few days , and are not sure where / who we will need to speak to regarding this
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: cheshire
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at this point

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi yes I will continue to wait for an answer thankyou
Hi thank you for your messsge, any claim should be against your father nor you. Therefore, I recommend you get a breakdown of how these fees have accrued, what the council are paying for and what your dads pension is supposed to be paying for then you can look to defend any colkection attempts and understand what has happened so further arrears do not occur. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience: Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi many thanks for your response